Friday, May 23, 2008

I was a brave girl

Yesterday I had my tonsils out. And for many of you who had them out as a child may be surprised to know that this is now a 30 min procedure and outpatient. I walked myself into the hospital at 8:15 and walked myself out (Jeremy was getting car) at 12Noon. Crazy huh! There were kids all over getting their tonsils out too so when I heard the doctor giving his speal to the boy next door about flavored air, balloons and stickers I asked where mine where when he came to my room. They gave me these two stickers and choc late air!!!
Once we got home I slept most of the day away as the anathesia wore off, luckily Caleb was with some friends from church and Jeremy was able to go get some work done at the church. By night time I was feeling okay other than pain in swallowing. When I finally took some pain meds it was for a headache I had already had before I went to the hospital. So I think I am doing well so far.

2 comments:

Jeremy Little said...

I really like the picture...nice look. Love you!!!!

Amber Sperry said...

Melissa-
It is so neat to be able to read about you and your family. I love this website! I love reading about your struggles with Caleb, like with table food and drinking milk from a cup, because I know I am not alone!! I am glad your surgery went good!!